Monday, September 26, 2011

NFL: Week 3

Ouch.  The Bears really put a damper on my day.  I can handle them getting beat by a better team.  I really can.  What I can't handle are crippling, inexcusable penalties that ruin offensive drives.  I can't handle receivers getting hit in the goddamn face and chest only to drop crucial passes.  And I REALLY can't handle a nonsensical holding penalty to bring back one of the most inventive plays I've ever seen in my life (I'm of course talking about the punt return fake out by Devin Hester that led to a touchdown by Johnny Knox.)

Much of the blame can fall on the backs of the O-Line and some goes to Jay Cutler as well.  The O-Line was porous at best and Jay Cutler should work for UPS because of all the air mail he was sending.  Also, those orange jerseys are literally the worst in all of sports.  Please stick with the classic navy home uniforms- please!!! While the Bears left me feeling hollow inside, the rest of the NFL was extremely interesting.  Let's get to a few highlights before looking at my fantasy teams. 

- The Buffalo Fucking Bills!  It doesn't even matter if the Bills lose the rest of their games.  I am willing to admit I was wrong about the Bills.  I gave blogger/commenter extraordinaire G$ a hard time for picking the Bills to go to the playoffs.  As it turns out, even he was wrong for not picking them to at least win their own division!  They are an amazing story and they are a hard team to not root for. 

Nothing says "exuberance" like balls to the face!
- The Detroit Fucking Lions!  I'm not happy that the Lions are sitting tied for the NFC North division lead at 3-0, but hey, they've been SO bad over the last... uh... infinity years that they might as well throw their fans a bone.  Matthew Stafford looks to be the real deal and their comeback against the hapless Vikings was impressive.  Don't they have a big match-up coming in a couple weeks?  I think so. 

- Michael Vick is brittle.  I've said it over and over- Michael Vick is reckless and injury prone.  I did not draft him in my fantasy leagues because a) he's a dogkiller and b) he's not going to make it through the season.  First a concussion and now a broken hand.  He is now crying in his press conferences about not getting roughing penalties calls.  Shut your mouth and play Ringleader!  I'm selling Vick stock in a major way. 

Pictured: Sad Michael Vick
- The Falcons might be bad.  This is not a good thought.  I was happy when the Bears crushed the Falcons in Week 1.  Now, it turns out that the Falcons might be horrible making the Bears win highly unimpressive.  I am not looking forward to Drew Brees' bye week in the MSFL (Week 11) as Matt Ryan is my back-up. 

Ok, Fantasy Football time.  Let's check it out.

MSFL:

Murder Panties 135 - Red Stag Warriors 124

Has anyone has Red Stag whiskey?  I assume it is horrible.  Lead by a not very attractive 32 points by Drew Breesus, 24 points by Ahmad Bradshaw, and 20 points from TE Jimmy Graham (double points!) my team moved to 2-1.  I still have Santana Moss tonight, but RSW has no one, so I am officially victorious (unless Moss grabs -11 points tonight.) 

Cali Not Keepers:

Peppermill High Rollers 100 - Boston Teabags 105

This one is a little rough.  I benched Greg Olsen (because he had been shitty) and picked up Fred Davis.  This was a misstep because Olsen played great AND the Boston Teabags decided to start Rex Grossman at QB this week.  So I am down 5 points and I have Fred Davis and Santana Moss going tonight.  Unfortunately, BT has the Sex Cannon tossing them the ball.  I literally have to root for a Sexy Rexy injury and John Beck to come and throw a TD to Davis or Moss.  I suppose I deserve this after starting Rex in the championship last year against BT.  No matter what happens this week, I still won the 'ship last year!

Family and Friends:

CORE 69.94 - White Walker 84.28

The Observer got me this week because my team tanked.  Phillip Rivers is officially the best/worst looking player in the NFL.  I have never had him on a fantasy team before, but now that I've been watching more Chargers action, I can officially say that I hate watching this team.  To double my problems, Boston Teabags had Ryan Mathews and Rivers' lack of production caused Mathews to have a huge day.  Ah, the ripple effect of fantasy football.  Gotta love it.  I have no one left in this league so the match-up is settled.  Billy Cundiff was my second leading scorer this week.  So ugly. 

---

Another week in the bag.  Did you know that the San Francisco 49ers are in first place of their division?!  Crazy!  The NFC West is the worst. 

As far as tonight goes, I expect a close game.  Let's see Santa Moss grab 2 TDs and Fred Davis get 1.  'Skins over the punctured lung 21-17. 

3 comments:

Observer said...

I was waiting for this post just so I could thank your team, Phillip Rivers, and the Burner Turner for the first victory for my terrible, lung-punctured, Jamaal-less Others.

I have Wes Welker in a PPR league that awards bonus points for high yardage. The Bills may have won in real life, but Welker wins the fantasy game.

GMoney said...

Those orange jerseys are repugnant. They look like they all have community service after the game but have no time to change before picking trash off of the roadside.

White Walkers? What a total Game of Thrones knob! White Welker would have been a better name. That's what I should name my team and it's weekly FIFTY point Welk-ah games!

Between the Bills, Raiders, Lions, and Skins, this might be the most enjoyable football season for me ever.

Prime99 said...

My team laid a total egg in that league. Wow, what pathetic losers.

I actually have Welker in the league with the Pmill High Rollers. I can't f-ing believe I might lose this week. Ridiculous.

I'm not sure why you like the Raiders, G$, but that is not something to be proud of. I'm cool with the other teams, though. I think the Skins will probably win tonight. Did I just jinx them? Who knows?