Wednesday, September 14, 2011

90s Rock: Songs For Me

Hello there folks.  I worked until 10:30pm, came home to Mrs. P.'s big toe bleeding profusely (she sliced her toe on our front door weather guard), and I had to run out to Rite Aid to get a first aid kit.  It was a good thing we didn't have one around the house, right?!  I think she is ok now, but I am beyond exhausted.  Here are a few songs that I really enjoy to make me feel better.  Also, Brian Urlacher, if you're reading, I hope everything is ok with your family.  Take your time and come back when you're ready. 

Hum - "I Hate It Too"

They are more famous for "Stars," but I always loved this song. It is classic 90's soft intro into a rocking middle. If you've never heard the song, have a listen.



Tonic - "You Wanted More"

Was this song on the "American Pie 2" soundtrack? I think it was. Either way, it's a pretty badass song. I wonder if they were taking notes from Collective Soul on the rock riff verse into a major key chorus. Solid tune.



Foo Fighters - "Walking After You"

Why do sad songs make me feel better? I have no idea- maybe it has to do with the "misery loves company" cliche. This is one of the more beautiful songs Dave Grohl has written. It's nice of him to take a break from composing shredding alternative hits to take a stab at something like this.



Oasis - "Some Might Say"

Say what you want about the Gallagher brothers (if you don't, they will) but this song is just one of many in their catalog of unstoppable hits. I love Oasis.



---

That's all for today. Enjoy your hump of the week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No man awesome enough to own Redskins D should also own a first aid kit.

--$

Prime99 said...

Excellent point. The 'Skins D hasn't been able to "stop the bleeding" for many years- why should I be prepared to do the same!