Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fantasy Football Week 1 Recap

I'm not even going to pretend like I have a ton of time to write this post today.  Let's look at my fantasy football results and call it a day. 

MSFL:

Murder Panties (me) vs. Book Hockey Facials - L, 125 - 139

I messed up.  My 11th hour benching of Steve Smith was moronic and I accept this loss.  The good news is Smith will be active this week and Arian Foster may be healthy.  I put together a strong team for my first auction draft.

Cali Not Keepers League:

Peppermill High Rollers (me) vs. Project Mayhem - W, 145 - 80

Occasional commenter Clarkster felt the wrath of my best fantasy team.  I scored the most points in the league by A LOT (next closest was 113.)  Brees, Forte, Welker, and the Bears D all came to stomp dick. 

Friends and Family League:

CORE (me) vs. Ace Deuce - L, 88.50 - 93.50

Occasional commenter Dick Tracy got the best of me in this league.  Rivers was OK, but a TD to Vincent Jackson would've saved me this week.  I was also disappointed with Knowshon (worst first name ever) Moreno.  When he was a kid, his mom potentially scolded him by saying, "No, Knowshon!"  Lame. 

---

I think that all of my teams will be competitive and I am pretty sure that my High Roller team is the best in the league.  Of course, it is fantasy football so anything can happen. 

Finally, a big shout out to Tom Brady's 517 yards passing.  That is damn impressive.

4 comments:

Observer said...

Everyone get your Patriots wide receivers, get your Patriots tight ends, cause Tom Brady's destroying everyone out here.

Shonne Greene, Knowshon, Colston: welcome to the bench. Hightower, Steve Smith, Darren Sproles: you're in, try not to fuck up.

I hope Arian sits so Ben Tate can ride again.

Prime99 said...

Shonne Greene is terrible. I'll never draft that dude.

I have Arian handcuffed with Tate in both leagues that I have him. I'd prefer him to come back, but Tate looks like a decent alternative.

GMoney said...

Ummmm, did you see the dime that I dropped on The Iceman? It was almost 200 points! I SICK!

Prime99 said...

I'm starting the 'Skins defense this week. Do your boys have another defensive TD in them, G$?