Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thursday Hodge Podge

I'm not sure I have anything all that interesting to talk about today. I'm going to see the Damnwells tonight in San Francisco, so that will no doubt be fun. Other than that, I'm just keeping tabs on NFL player movement. My wish of Sidney Rice on the Bears has been dashed by his signing with the Seattle Seahawks. That's cool- I'm sure he and Tavaris Jackson will continue their same offensive dominance on the West Coast. Great choice, deek.

Sidney Rice will look good in a Seahawks uniform.
And what's this? The Cubs are trading Fukudome to the Indians? Finally, they are able to unload one player. Unfortunate that they still have to pay $3.9 million of his remaining salary. Yikes. The Cubs are as good at business as their team is at baseball. Hopefully they get some decent prospects in return. Hopefully...

Carlos Beltran landed with the Giants before the trade deadline. One can't help but think that the Giants would be poised for a repeat if they also had Buster Posey. Instead, they have catchers that drop infield pop-ups and bat .180. I suppose you could also argue that the Giants may not have made the trade for Beltran had Posey still been healthy. I guess we'll never know. It is a good pick up for them and could really help them in the playoffs. Getting in is a certainty at this point as I don't think any other NL West team has the juice to compete with the Giants.

Where was this move in May?!
Albert Haynesworth to the Patriots!? Wha-what?! C'mon Hoodie! You are getting awfully cocky with your "I can make any player into a team-player" attitude. It is amazing that getting rid of such a good player will help the Redskins, and I'm not certain his acquisition will help New England in the long run. Once again, we'll find out. Damn, the NFL will be interesting this year!

Like I mentioned, I don't have much on to talk about today. I'm waiting for Haynesworth to cleat Tom Brady in the face during a Pats practice... then I'll have a lot to talk about.

No comments: