Tuesday, June 28, 2011

THE Top 5

My wife and I often joke and talk about the question "who, in your opinion, do you think are the five hottest celebrities?"  My Top 5 changes from time to time, so I figured I'd write it up in a post.  To be honest, I don't have the Top 5 set before writing this, so we'll see what the results are.  Even I'm curious!  I'm also fairly sure I'll forget someone, so please remind me in the comments who I have forgotten. 

Honorable Mention (Up and Coming?) - Rosie Huntington

I have my tickets for the 8:45pm showing of Tranformers 3 on Thursday.  I'm interested to see if this former (?) Victoria's Secret model comes off as smoking hot on screen or like a disappointing wet blanket (Megan Fox in TF2.) 
















So far so good.

One quick highly overrated chick that is just NOT hot.  She was the worst thing about the recent X-Men movie.  I wanted to gag every time they showed her in skimpy Emma Frost garb.  I'm talking of January Jones, of course.











By comparison- here is the comic book character:
















Call me crazy, but the comic book character is definitely hotter.  They did not do the character justice with JJ's casting. 

5) Olivia Wilde - I didn't know exactly who Olivia Wilde was until I saw "TRON: Legacy" but now she's more well known and rising up my own personal AP Top 5 Rankings.  I'm more of a "girl next door" kind of guy, so her features are probably as "exotic" as I go for my personal favorite ladies. 










4) Blake Lively - I'm not a fan of really any of her work, unless her breasts are enhanced- then I'm a fan of her "work."  She's smoking hot, there is no denying that.  It's too bad "Green Lantern" sounds like such a train-wreck, otherwise I would like to see what she's got in that flick. 
















3) Kate Beckinsale - What I've learned about myself today is that I'm a sucker for chicks in comic book movies.  I'm also a sucker for chicks in movies where they wear tight black suits.  I can never forget Kate Beckinsale in "Underworld" killing werewolves and looking hot.  She is getting older and could be replaceable on a future Top 5, but for now, she makes the cut easily.
















2) Elisha Cuthbert - Speaking of "The Girl Next Door," Jack Bauer's daughter has always been smoking hot in my eyes.  She deserves more acting gigs!  I want to petition to get her more screen time!  Is she too busy chasing after more hockey guys (she's married to one if I'm not mistaken)?  She's ridiculous.












1) Kelly Kapowski - My #1 crush of all time and she continues to stay on top of this list.  You may ask yourself, "Doesn't he mean, Tiffany Thiessen?"  No, I don't.  I mean Kelly Kapowski.  We could also go with Valerie from "90210," but I like Kelly K. better. 
















Early 90s jeans and suspenders never looked so good! 

---

So there you go.  My personal list is pretty decent, but it is constantly updating.  If you have any great suggestions that I missed, then throw them out there.  Don't you dare say ScarJo- now that she's getting plowed by Sean Penn, it's just not the same. 

9 comments:

GMoney said...

I love me some Blake Lively. She$ tries to tell me that Gossip Girl co-star Leighton Meester is prettier to which I reply, "bitch please".

Also:
*Community and Mad Men's Alison Brie
*Modern Family's Sofia Vergara
*FNL's Connie Britton
*Minka F'n Kelly
*Anyone compared to Khloe Kardashian/Odom/Chewbacca

Prime99 said...

Yeah- Blake Lively dominates Leighton Meester.

Minka Kelly barely missed the cut.

Khloe Kardashian is a woman?

Observer said...

I don't care what you say, January Jones is hot. It's a frigid ice-queen sort of hot, but it's still hot. Here's my "Top X," where X is just the number I can think of off the top of my head right now, in no particular order:

Alison Brie - Whether she's a nagging 50's socialite, the mother of Satan's child, or a naive, Adderall-addicted 19 year old community college student, sign me up.

Zooey Deschanel - Second brunette pick, second pick with amazing eyes. Is that just my thing? Probably not, but there's no doubt these women are gorgeous.

Christina Hendricks - It's time to pick someone based on a different set of features...and what a set of features. This might be my most one dimensional pick, but it's well worth it. Plus, a look at her husband will make just about anyone believe they have a chance.

Alicia Silverstone - You want a vintage pick? You got a vintage pick. She may be a meat-hating vegan, but anyone who can turn a few roles as a hot girl in an Aerosmmith video into an nearly-legitimate movie career deserves a place in a region a bit south of our hearts.

Scarlett Johansen - You said not to pick her, but that's not going to stop me. She's done with Sean Penn and will be looking for someone that isn't an old man that almost went full-retard. That sounds like me! That sounds like you! Get back on the bandwagon.

Natalie Portman - She's not as high up on my list as she used to be, but she's still a beautiful woman that's probably smarter than me. She also rapped on SNL. What's not to love?

Prime99 said...

You're wrong about January Jones- she's creepy and is the worst thing about the new X-Men movie (which overall, is a pretty good flick.) Emma Frost needs curves and an actual booty- not a flat plain that could reenact the Trail of Tears.

I like most of your picks. I wouldn't put Natalie Portman on there personally, but your reasoning is solid. I can get behind ScarJo again if she's really done with Spicoli. Zooey Deschanel is super hot and almost made the list. She can sing, has that quirky indie hotness, and is even married to Ben Gibbard which is pretty cool.

GMoney said...

January Jones is a pretty bad actress and apparently an awful human being (being a dick to Galifinakis and getting knocked up by her married director of the XMen movie), but she is still insanely attractive.

I have a feeling that Christina Hendricks might weigh 200 pounds but I still don't care. I love Joan Holloway.

I have no respect for Portman after she made Darth Vader scream NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Zooey might not even be the hottest Deschanel sister! "Bones" has a better body in my opinion.

Prime99 said...

Christina Hendricks is hilarious married to the guy that ate a huge bag of drugs in "Super Troopers" if I'm not mistaken. That is an odd pairing. I imagine she is the dominant one in the relationship.

January Jones and Kevin Correia should get hitched.

Bones might have a more banging body, but I still prefer Zooey in the Deschanel sister thunderdome show down.

Mrs. P said...

finally some brunettes (other than KK) crack your top 5. I will take this as a sign that after 4 years together you've realized that I will never be blond like when we first met. I knew I'd break you. Or, rather hot actresses would break you. Either way I'll take it.

Dick Tracy said...

"The Detective" is in... Throwback hottie: Jennifer Love Hewitt. Can't Hardly Wait? Too late, I'm done. My goodness.

Prime99 said...

Excellent nickname, Dick!

Jennifer Love Hewitt from that era is super hot! I'm not so sure about her now, though. Thanks for commenting!