Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Post #1

Fuck. 

Phew.  That felt excellent.  I may have become a robot in a similar fashion as "The Becoming" by Nine Inch Nails, but before my current state I was once a regular dude scared shitless to say anything remotely offensive (even if it wasn't actually offensive) on my former blog.  I'm hoping this format allows the freedom to be sarcastic, entertaining, and opinionated without worrying about consequences.  I'm not guaranteeing "Grade A" content all the time- hell no.  Far be it from me to promise that type of quality.  We're just going to have a good time and see what happens. 

So what will this blog be about?  Well, let me break it down:

- Sports: I love sports.  I'm a Chicago sports fan who does not live in Chicago.  I love all the teams except for the douche bags on the South Side.  I would say that Ozzie Guillen could lick my nutsack, but given his history of making out with guys... 




















... I should definitely not offer that up.  He just might take me up on it.

- Fantasy Sports: Of course we'll talk fantasy baseball and fantasy football.  I stopped playing fantasy basketball because it sucks and have yet to get into fantasy hockey.  I may try it next year and recap the results here.  It will probably suck. 

- Music: I love 90s Alternative Rock.  We can talk about other types of music, but I will consistently guide the conversation back to Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, Oasis, and other bands from that era.  90s Alt Rock kicks ass and if you don't like it, then you can probably just exit this blog right now and never come back. 

- Random Stories: You're still here?  Excellent.  Then I will recount random stories from my past.  Dumb activities from high school, Al Bundy-esque athletic tales, or just tales about motherfuckers I was unfortunate enough to meet at the grocery store.  You'll find them here with only one rule- DO NOT USE REAL NAMES.  That's it.  If you want to comment, you're obviously welcome to use your own real name, but don't use mine and respect the privacy of other commenters and jackasses that are involved in my stories. 

Truth be told, the format of the blog has yet to be fully formed.  As it takes shape, make suggestions or pass along ideas.  Just know that I'm the king of this castle and will rule this blog like Stalin.  I'm hoping to create fun atmosphere where folks waste a bit of their time every weekday.  We'll see how it goes...

Fuck.

8 comments:

Clarkster said...

First commenter on the new blog looking forward to the new format...sorry your cubs suck so bad maybe you can just jump on the Giants bandwagon again.

Prime99 said...

I would, but I'm fairly certain the lead horse towing the Giants' bandwagon has a broken leg.

The Cubs are BAAAAAAAAD... there will be much discussion on this sad topic.

Thanks for making the first comment Clarkster!

Jack from Rooftop View said...

Good stuff Prime99. Lookin forward to what you've got in store here.

Prime99 said...

Thanks Jack- love your site. You've made the Cubs season relatively bearable. Ok, well that's not true- but I still like your blog. Nothing can make this season bearable.

Observer said...

Shit. Yes. Now I feel comfortable swearing on your blog. Actually, I probably felt pretty comfortable doing that before, but now I'll do it a lot more.

Gonna be bringing my inexplicable love of shitty platoon outfielders, so prepare yourself.

Prime99 said...

Yo B! Hells yes you can feel comfortable here, but unfortunately Brett Gardner should not feel safe. He and Kevin Correia should take a fishing trip to Brokeback Mountain together.

GMoney said...

I just traded Masterson for David Wright. I don't care that he's hurt. He'll be back, Masterson is a sinking ship, and I'm sick and fucking tired of trotting out Adam Goddamn Dunn in my IF slot every fucking week for him to hit .120 with no production.

Prime99 said...

I fully endorse that trade, G$. David Wright is a stud assuming his back heals correctly.