Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Dirty 30

So today's the day.  I'm finally in my 30's.  I'm not sure if I feared this day or not.  Probably not.  I think there was a time where I felt like this was old, but I really don't feel that way anymore.  I would like to get my ass in gear and find an actual career path that leads to growth and more money, but everything else is pretty damn great.  There's not too much I actually want for my birthday (plus my friends and family have done a great job with gifts this year) but here are some other things I would definitely like on the 30th anniversary of my birth:

1) NFL LABOR AGREEMENT - Sign it!!!  I want the lockout ended so we all can be sure that we'll be able to spend Sundays watching NFL Red Zone and betting on the Detroit Lions to cover.  Not to mention how terrible it would be if Fantasy Football was affected.  This cannot happen.  For my birthday, I want NFL labor peace.  Make this happen. 

2) Transformers 3 - It is nice that Summer blockbuster movies have a tendency to release around my birthday.  Regardless of the quality of the plot in the Transformers movies (not great), these movies do offer phenomenal special effects and a level of nostalgia that is unmatched for me, personally.  I grew up a huge Transformers fan and I will continue to be one until I die- much like my love for the Cubs.

(I have tickets for tomorrow at 8:45pm- let's do this.) 

3) Speaking of the Cubs... Let's get them a win against the San Francisco Giants today!  After losing both games in their double header yesterday, the Cubs may have reached a low point in their season.  Give me a ray of happiness on my actual birthday and then you can go back to competing with the Astros for next year's #1 draft pick. 

4) Adele - I would prefer to not hear "Rolling In The Deep" once today.  I've stated before that it is a great song, but it is SO overplayed that I'm sick of it and never want to hear it again.  I know that's impossible, so how about just for today, give it a rest.

Fuck- it was already on the radio this morning.

5) Stone Temple Pilots, July 8, at the Peppermill Reno -  I'm officially going.  They better bring it with some "Army Ants," "Piece of Pie," and "Meatplow."  It's going to be fucking awesome. 

---

And that's pretty much it.  Not too much to ask for right?  If you're already 30, feel free to leave me advice on which arthritis creams work the best or what type of fiber products you eat to keep yourself regular.  I need all the advice I can get. 

6 comments:

Observer said...

I'll agree with you that the NFL labor agreement needs to happen. I can't imagine a year without fantasy football and masochistic watching of 49er games. I'm also on board with hoping Transformers is a decent movie; I'm not expecting an intellectual art piece by any means, so my desire for some quality action scenes and a limiting of Shia Lebouf's screen time doesn't seem like asking too much.

I can't join you in rooting for the Cubbies, but I will root for your fantasy team to beat the team right behind me in the standings.

I would suggest coming to terms with gray hairs now, and either stocking up on Just For Men or embracing them and, when Emmit Smith inevitably pops up behind you and says "No play for Mr. Gray," punching him right in the face.

Prime99 said...

Add it to the list- a fantasy win this week. So far, not good.

I think I've found a gray hair, but I'm not sure. I've had brown hair with random natural blond highlights for my entire life. I figure those blond hairs might as well be as good as gray in a matter of weeks. I am scared of gray ball hair, though. Maybe I'll get a jump on the Just For Men.

Punching Emmit Smith would always be a good idea- he doesn't need to do anything further. He always deserves it.

Prime99 said...

Wilco just announced a new album on September 27- another big win on my birthday! C'mon NFL... make it happen!

GMoney said...

Happy birthday, Prime. Barry Zito gave you his present last night.

Prime99 said...

Yes he did- that rotten bastard. I hope Giants fans enjoyed it. He's going to pitch well enough to get Jonathan Sanchez traded, then he'll implode. Bank on it.

Mrs. P said...

grey ball hair?! You better clean that shit up!