Friday, August 26, 2011

First Fantasy Draft In The Books

Alright folks, it is causal Friday here at Prime99. I spent my Thursday night drinking Gentleman Jack, listening to STP, and drafting my first fantasy football team.

The official drink for Fantasy Football Drafts.
I was randomly given the ninth pick out of ten teams.  I had a lot of fun making ridiculous drunk comments to the rest of the league- some of whom I don't know at all.  Pushing all that aside, let's look at the team I have acquired:

AP was taken #1 | Arian Foster went #2 | #3 was inexplicably the terrorist Rashad Mendenhall | Ray Rice went #4 | Chris Johnson held out til #5 (get it?!) | Jamaal Charles was #6 | Aaron Rodgers #7 | Darren McFadden #8 | and my pick was...

Michael Turner.  Not bad for #9.  I wanted a stable RB.  I probably would've drafted Aaron Rodgers if he dropped to me, but I'm content with Turner.

#10 was Shady McCoy
#11 was Andre Johnson

And as the draft snaked back to me, I selected...

Phillip Rivers at #12.  I feel he's primed for a nice year and I will enjoy reaping the benefits of the gorgeous whether in The Whale's Vagina.

Go fuck yourself, San Diego.
Let's list the rest of my team without worrying about who was picked when:

WR Vincent Jackson (double points!)
WR Miles Austin (he has gorgeous eyes!)
RB Knowshon Moreno (Odd name, I hope he's sick)
TE Owen Daniels (ready for a big year)
FLEX Javid Best (start putting up those numbers from Cal... sans the concussions...) 
K Robbie Gould (had to get my Bears on somewhere)  

Bench: Bouldin, Ingram, Orton Express, Rashad Jennings, Devin Hester, Aaron Hernandez, and sleeper Colt McCoy

DEF - Patriots
DEF - Giants

So what do you think?  Am I a contender without knowing any of the other teams' rosters?  I named my team CORE after the first STP album.  I want to rape the rest of the league while I force them to listen to "Sex Type Thing."

A warning to the rest of the league.
I love Fantasy Football.

7 comments:

Observer said...

No mention of Santana Moss going at pick #18, while Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Vick were still on the board? Let's all point and laugh at that team.

Once again I'm put in a position where I draft Shonn Greene without wanting to. If Bradshaw, DeAngelo, or Blount outscore him, which they probably will, I am going to hate myself a little more.

Observer said...

Oh, and I prefer the Glenfiddich 18 (from Costco!) to make me feel better about my questionable picks. The official pretentious drink of fantasy drafts.

Prime99 said...

Yeah, G$ would appreciate the Santa Moss Autopick at #18.

I did not want Shonn Greene. I actually like my team quite a bit. Go Chargers!

Excellent choice of drink. I may have missed the details because I wrote this while buzzed after the draft, but I definitely enjoyed the chat box during the draft... from what I remember.

Mrs. P said...

and by buzzed you mean wasted. Thanks for the drunken titty grab while I was trying to watch Project Runway.

Prime99 said...

As your husband, I have a duty to be as classy as possible! You're welcome!

GMoney said...

Your team name should be Drunken Titty Grab. Now I'm no expert on FF, but I am scratching my head here.

Michael Turner is no longer a first rounder and you could have had him at much better value coming back. Andre may have been the right move there. Hell, I'd take Hillis before the Burner since he doesnt catch passes.

Rivers? Rivers! I don't care if you think he's going to be sweet this year, Brees, Vick, AND Brady were still on the board. You might have gotten Phil in the third. That was a reach, my friend. Not Mendenhall at 3-level reach, but a reach nonetheless.

Good luck though and remember that Rex Grossman is always two or three clicks away.

Prime99 said...

Well, if all else fails, that was my first draft of the year so we'll see how it goes from there. I've never done an auction league, so I'm going to have to figure out what to do in our league, G$.

I don't want Vick this year. I am a skeptic of his. Rivers is going to be awesome.