Monday, October 3, 2011

NFL Week 4

That was quite the interesting week of football (but aren't they all?)  A few impressions before moving on to the Fantasy Football update:

- This site always starts with the Bears.  What a frustrating game.  Granted, I didn't watch any of it besides highlights and internet updates, but I followed the updates play by play.  At one point, I was scared shitless that the Bears were going to get an INT for a TD, a punt return for a TD, AND well over 100 yards of rushing from Matt Forte and still lose.  Luckily, Forte's grand finale of earning over 200 yards sealed the game away.  However, Cam Newton embarrassed the Bears' D.  He sliced them up like a hot knife through a street whore.  That garbage TD to Greg Olsen at the end of the game was murder fantasy-wise.  Ugh.  At least they got the win, though.  With the Packers and Lions both advancing to 4-0, the season was pretty much over right there if they had blown this game.

- The San Francisco 49ers!!!  WTF?!  They certainly do not win pretty, but their defense buckled down, held off the Eagles and the Niners were able to muster enough offense to win.  Someone in one of my fantasy leagues started Alex Smith!  He is going to win and I believe that no one should be rewarded for such idiocy.  Anyway, the two-headed beast of Gore and Hunter have put the Niners in first place of the NFC West by 2 games!  They also sent the "Dream Team" to 1-3.  [Insert Nelson's laugh from "The Simpsons."]


- The Buffalo Bills are still pretty badass.  They got caught in a trap game.  I hope they are able to rebound.  They are more likable than Wheelchair Cat.

"Give me the bag bitch, or I will cut you!"
- Drew Brees and New Orleans Saints got the win on Sunday.  However, they left far too many points on the field.  In Breesus I trust, but c'mon Drew!  Let's take the bull by the horns.

"It's a metaphor... but that actually happened."
- I want to fight the Ravens.  All of them.  The Jets got absolutely drilled on Sunday night.  Unfortunately, fantasy-wise, the Jets' D was able to score more fucking points than the Jets scored actual points.  Simply disgusting.  If I lose this week, I blame the Ravens for winning one of the most gutless performances I've ever seen for a team scoring 34 points and winning.

---

MSFL:

Murder Panties 153 - Your Mom 141

My previous rant was about this exact sitch.  I'm now up 12, with no one left to go.  Money Shot commenter Li'l Strut still has Josh Freeman.  I am cheering for Dwight Freeney to give Josh Freeman two charlie horses, an Indian burn, a pink belly, and dislocated knee cap during the Bucs' first possession on MNF.  The over/under on highlights from that MNF game a few years ago where Peyton Manning engineered a re-donk-u-lous comeback to defeat a John Gruden-led Bucs team is at 547.  I'm sure Chucky will have plenty of stupid things to say about that game. 

Cali Not Keepers:

Peppermill High Rollers 119 - Balls On Chin 71

After a disappointing loss last week, the High Rollers rebound to turn another team's team name against them (that's right, my balls are on their chin!)  Unless Reggie Wayne scores 49 points, I will reclaim my seat atop the league.  Seriously, I have the best team in this league.

Family and Friends:

CORE 98.68 - Razzle Dazzle 142.12

I've pretty much given up in this league.  I made some poor drafting decisions.  I need to make some trades and see if anything pans out.  Phillip Rivers can put his own balls on his chin.  To add insult to injury, I have no one left and Razzle Dazzle still has Joseph Addai.  Aaron Rodgers is scary as fuck and I don't appreciate getting dominated like that.

---

Alright Josh Freeman- tank it for me.  Let your RB's take over.  Hell, score 11 points- that's cool.  But not 12.  Score 12 and you will get at least a fist wag from yours truly.  Also, a big shout out to my wife as it is our two-year anniversary.  It feels like we've been married FOREVER... in a good way!

6 comments:

Observer said...

Luckily I won't pay the price for doubting Romo and his punctured lungs, or for starting two running backs that combined for 5.1 points. That's the good thing about playing an autodrafter that picked Santana Moss in the third round instead of the Rodgers/Jennings/Welker three headed monster.

Dodgeball references always be welcome. Yarr.

Prime99 said...

Drafting Phillip Rivers has been my demise. The teams that drafted Rivers in my other leagues are 1-7 combined at best. I hate his stupid face.

G$ has Rodgers and Welker in our league and the results have been favorable to say the least. I'm hoping to take advantage of his team next week with many of his players taking the week off.

GMoney said...

Barring a 5 TD performance from Freeman tonight, I will be enjoying my second 4-0 week of this young season. I can think of worse things than going 13-3 in my 4 fantasy leagues.

When do I play you in the MSFL? I would like to beat your about the face, breast, chest, neck and head.

GMoney said...

Well, thanks for answering that question before I asked it. I will be scrambling in the backfield next week for sure.

Prime99 said...

Next week, G$... with many of your studs on a bye week. Bring it, I may be catching you at just the right time.

Prime99 said...

This quite the game of awkward telephone we're playing right now.