Monday, October 24, 2011

NFL Week Sev-On! But You Just Hit G8...

An obscure movie reference in the title of the post?  This may already be on its way downhill, but let's check in with the action around the league. 

- The Bears get a HUGE win in London.  Beating the Bucs is big.  At 4-3, they are at the Bears are in the exact same position they were last year at this same time.  More importantly, they beat a contending team on a big stage to prove they are legit. 

On a side note that is becoming more and more personal to me, PAY MATT FORTE.  Just pay him.  What in the fuck are the Bears waiting for?  Does Jerry Angelo even talk with the coaching staff?  Wouldn't it be a smart idea to sign Forte to a reasonable deal before the season rather than allow him to be 80% of the Bears offense just to prove how valuable he is?  At this point, the Bears are going to have to ridiculously overpay Forte, or risk losing him to free agency (or franchise him and make him angry.)  It is an unbelievably counter intuitive bargaining strategy. 

- FOX TV scheduling fucked me.  Earlier in the week, the Comcast guide said "Chicago vs. Tampa Bay" was going to be on at 10am.  Unfortunately, after waking from my beer induced coma from the night before, I found the Falcons/Lions game on my TV.  Shit.  I hadn't made alternate plans, so I just watched the Lions/Falcons game.  It was a decent game, but I was angry the entire time.  At least the Lions lost- suck it Detroit.  I already hate you overachieving assholes.

- The Packers are vulnerable.  Don't get me wrong, they are still the best team in the NFL.  But they are vulnerable.  Their game against the Christian Ponder led Vikings proved it.  Aaron Rodgers and Co. are sick, but I get the feeling they are beatable. 

- So sorry, G$.  Your Redskins have been exposed as frauds.  I really thought they were legit this year, but now I'm having second thoughts.  I agree that people make too much of one week in the NFL, and John Beck could help the offense after more time with the starters, however, I thought the Redskins had a stronger defense than what they demonstrated on Sunday.  Good luck with all that...

- The Saints were UNREAL on Sunday night.  62-7?!  I knew the Colts are bad without Peyton Manning, but I didn't realize they were that bad.  I'll talk about it more during the fantasy football update, but I had Drew Brees score 43 points for me in this game and he wasn't the top scorer on my own team! 

Fantasy Football Update:

Friends & Family:

CORE 63 - McDouchebag 92

I give up on this team.  Phillip Rivers is a joke and I'll never draft him ever again. 

Cali Not Keepers:

Peppermill High Rollers 137 - Crafts Crushers Slow Strokers 72

My team is still the best, by far, in this league.  Brees, Arian Foster and Matt Forte dominated this week as they have for most of the season.  Until anyone decides to stop me, I plan to continue bending my opponents over and abusing them in the dirtiest of hotel rooms.  Stop me, if you can. 

MSFL:

Murder Panties 185 - Casey Anthony's Rack 71

Since Foster and Brees are also on this team, I of course took care of the business in this league as well.  While they have Ray Rice left, I can't imagine he has a 115 point game in store for us on Monday Night. 

---

I am awfully happy with the results as a whole this week.  Bears win and two of my fantasy teams are killing it.  Ain't nothing wrong with that!

3 comments:

Observer said...

If Brees/Foster/Forte can't win you a league championship, I don't know what will.

Ridiculous that Fox went with ATL/DET instead of the London game. Did they think West Coast fans were that interested in the Lions after they were Harbaugh'd last week?

Prime99 said...

The NFL loves to grab onto potential upcoming teams, but they continue to go all-in by scheduling moronic prime-time games (or putting the Lions on local west coast TV multiple times.) Great example, the Jags are on tonight.

I'm very proud of destroying every other team in two of three leagues this week.

GMoney said...

While it was fun while it lasted, I've known all along that the Skins were frauds. I just didn't come out and say it. Time to start watching tape on Matt Barkley, I guess.