Friday, October 21, 2011

Almost... to... the... weekend...

Well, shit.  I'm struggling for a topic today.  Writing 5 days a week is no joke!  I'll just cover a quick hodge-podge of topics and then move into the weekend:

- Oye!  The Bears are playing the Tuberculous Buccaneers in London on Sunday, and I'm excited for the game.  I'm quite confused about how good either team truly is, but I think the picture might be more clear after the dust settles on the pitch.  This will be a fun match-up of the old NFC Central.  Is Tampa wearing their old uniforms?  That would be pretty damn nostalgic (also, it would be like looking at vomit on my TV, which fits the Bucs perfectly.) 

- The new album "Gift Horse" by Stephen Kellogg & The Sixers is worth a listen.  It is solid Rock/Pop with a bit of a Country twang (Country that is pleasant rather than unbearable.)  Here is a sample:



- Alex from The Damnwells is playing at Red Devil Lounge in SF on Sunday. I can't go and I'm bummed. I'm sure it will be a great show, so if you're around The City on Sunday, I highly recommend stopping in. Show starts at 7:30pm.

- This weekend will be my first two-day weekend in a few weeks. I need it. My brain has turned as mushy as The Situation's after he smashed it into a goddamn concrete wall. I literally want to pull a Ron Swanson and tell my boss the exact number of vacation hours I've accrued and let them know that I'm taking all of them immediately. However, that is definitely not happening, so on we go. I will say that I'm excited because occasional commenter Dick Tracy is having a party at his house tomorrow so there will be plenty of beers to drink and food to eat. I might drink myself into a coma. We'll have to see...

Enjoy the weekend. Go Bears and go beers!

No comments: