Monday, October 31, 2011

NFL: Week 8

OUCH. 

Fantasy Football karma is a beeotch.  Last week was magical for two of my teams.  Unfortunately, this week put the scales back in balance by making my play like fromunda cheese.  But we'll get to Fantasy Football in a sec.  First, let's talk about this awful week of football. 

- The Bears were off.  Many weeks during the season, the Bears are the ones who put forth anemic performances.  This week, they didn't play so they couldn't possibly be responsible for the wretched play coming through the satellite waves.  Good luck next week against the Eagles, fellas!

- The 49ers got the job done against the Browns despite allowing the Brown-holes to be within striking distance in the 4th quarter.  The Niners dominated this game, but did not cash in on a few opportunities for TDs.  Is it unreal that the Niners are now 6-1 while the Seahawks in second place in the NFC West at 2-5? 

- Drew Brees... how you toy with my emotions.  I am so glad I was not in Reno this weekend.  I likely would've either left this game alone or bet on the Saints.  What can I say?  I have fantasy-goggles for Brees and Co.  The Saints were vomit-inducing against the previously winless Rams.  Brees and Colston severely affected my ability to have a successful Fantasy week.  

- There were some truly putrid games on this week.  I am absolutely amazed that I continued watching.  Be it the Redskins/Bills game or the Lions/Broncos game, weak teams were getting abused in lopsided games.  Did I mention the Colts?  Oh wow, they are worse than "Heroes" Season 4- and I did not think anything could be worse than that. 

"Save The Cheerleader, Save The World."  Oh wait, we did that, but it didn't work so we dropped that particular plot detail? Oops.
- The Cowboys: see the previous paragraph.  Tony Romo should work in a Tony Roma's rather than quarterback a NFL team. 

Fantasy Football Update:

Friends & Family:

CORE 56.30 - Foster... Arian 4 Beer 155.96

I just need to give up on this league.  I got taken to the woodshed this week.  FA4B had Steven Jackson and the Lions D put an ass whopping on me that Stone Cold Steve Austin would be proud of. I have Phillip Rivers and V-Jackson going tomorrow, but he still has Dwayne Bowe left!  Unreal!

Cali Not Keepers:

Peppermill High Rollers 70 - Boomer Sooners 86

While getting beat this week I couldn't help but continue to imagine Billy Sims yelling "BOOMER!" over and over again.  Oddly, this team also started Steven Jackson against me and even though I did have the Lions D, Brees was bad, Forte was on a bye, and Welker and BJG-E combined for 3 points (Thanks Patriots!)  I have no one left [knocks over King piece.]

Murder Panties 106 - Casey's Son 123

Ugh.  While Foster and Steve Smith were great, Brees and others did not put up their normal points and my team will likely get beat.  Apparently, for Casey's Son to own a fantasy player, they must be on the Detroit Lions (Megatron, Burleson, Schefler, and the Lions' D.)  I have the Chargers D and he has Dexter McCluster left to go. 

---

I'm pissed about this week and would rather stop talking about this week for me to forget. 

Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Clarkster said...

Some one needed to beat your Highrollers team you were dominating this league to the point where it looked like you might not lose again. It was a tought week to lose to the boomer sooners considering Aaron Rogers had the Bye week. Onto the Nfl I'm so freaking happy with the way the 49ers are playing right now and with this schedule they might only lose 2 or 3 more times this year. It just feels good to root for a football team that is relevant.

Prime99 said...

I totally agree with you, Clarkster. I thought I had a great chance to beat Boomer Sooners, but as fantasy football will teach you, you are above no one- especially when the NFL as a whole looked awful yesterday. I still like my team, but I was due for a loss, I suppose.

Congrats on the Niners. They may clinch the division by week 10 or 11!

GMoney said...

As someone who still won even after suffering the A-Rodg bye week (thanks for an average performance, Red Rifle!), I can say that there is nothing better than surviving your stud's bye week.

I would be SHOCKED if the Skins won another game this season. MAYBE the Dolphins...

Prime99 said...

Fear strikes me square in the heart for Week 11. Brees and Foster on byes- I have no chance to Damman that week.

I just had a Niners fan say that the Redskins are sort of legit while talking about next week's game. Maybe that Niners fan is not very secure in their team's 6-1 start. It's too bad the Skins played so well off the start, they could be frontrunners for Luck at this point.