Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Fantasy Busts That Affect Me

If you've been keeping tabs on this blog, you know that 2 out of 3 of my teams this year a pretty good.  Not unbeatable, as we found out this week, but definitely solid.  The third team does crack with Tyrone Biggums.

"I smoke the rock."
Today we'll be talking about that third team quite a bit.  This will be appropriate given a certain QB's performance last night. 

- Knowshon Moreno - What an awful pick.  I have no idea what I was thinking grabbing this guy.  Since most fantasy drafts he has lost his job, gotten hurt, gone from having a traditional passer to a bulldozer that looks like a fourth grade passer, and I'm not so sure his numbers will get any better.  Knowshon potentially has the dumbest first name in the NFL, and his last name means "brown"- as in fecal matter.  His performance makes my eyes rain. 

- Vincent Jackson - Not entirely his fault, but this guy has been monkey-virus from the movie "Outbreak" bad.  Granted, you have to be thrown the ball, but it seems like opposing teams stick a decent corner on V-Jax and he disappears like Criss Angel's career. 

- Miles Austin - He looked poised to have a phenomenal season after the Cowboys' victory over the 49ers.  Unfortunately, he got hurt and has not been able to recapture the momentum from the beginning of the season.  Maybe he's as concerned about Kim Kardashian's divorce as the rest of the world.  Or maybe he's been rehired to play Alex Rodriguez's mirror image again. 

- Phillip Rivers - What can I say about this turd that hasn't already been a joke on the Blue Collar Comedy Tour? 

"You might be a terrible QB if you have a gun rack for your gun rack."
This guy is awful.  I seriously drafted him before Drew Brees in my aforementioned awful league.  MISTAKE!  He's so not clutch, that he can't even handle a snap in order to hand off, then to allow his team to kick a field goal and ice the game.  Rivers has taken my fantasy team up a river with no paddle.  It's time to just come to terms with a shitty season in that league and focus on my good teams. 

Which fantasy busts are you mad at this year?  Feel free to rant in the comments. 

4 comments:

Observer said...

Oh god Knowshon is terrible. It's not like I was expecting pure awesomeness from a Denver running back, but how do you lose your job to Willis McGahee? By being terrible, that's how.

Peyton Hillis is screwing me over, as well. He's about to be Knowshon'd from my team.

Prime99 said...

I had a feeling that Hillis was too good to be true. Not to mention he is suffering from the Madden curse this year.

If this is his way of bargaining for a new deal, he needs to rethink his strategy.

GMoney said...

Hillis for me, too. It's not that I was expecting him to be as good as last year, BUT I WAS EXPECTING HIM TO PLAY!!!

I also have been disappointed in Jacoby Ford. He was sweet last year and now he barely touches the ball (although he was hurt). I didn't draft him (waiver guy) but I was hoping for more.

Also: DeSean Jackson sucks.

Prime99 said...

It's hard to really complain about a guy you picked up off waivers. DeSean has been absolute garbage this year.