Thursday, November 3, 2011

Dumb And Dumbererererer

I read this story last week and lost my shit.  The Farrelly Bros. are going to produce a sequel to "Dumb And Dumber" that WILL involve Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels.  This makes this 90s teenager extremely pleased.  The prequel made that literally none of the people I just mentioned were involved with was worse than being a Pittsburgh Pirates fan for the last 18 years.  It's high time they treat Harry and Lloyd the follow up movie that they deserve.

"That's a lovely accent- New Jersey?"
I have zero clue with what direction they will take the story, but since I have nothing better to do today, let's see what potential dumb plots I can come up with:

- We find Harry and Lloyd twenty years later still searching for the Swedish bikini team bus.  The movie could start with a lead on where the bus might be, and then BAM- road trip!  (Did I mention I'm not a movie script writer?)

- Since the first movie contained an epic road trip, I keep thinking that they would go that direction again.  In this scenario, they find out where Freda Feltcher is and rush to find her.  They could have no idea what she looks like today, start off cooperating on the trip, then become more and more competitive.  This sounds similar to the first movie, doesn't it?  Well, that's fine with me!

- Show Harry as a successful business person years after the first movie.  Have Lloyd track him down with some excuse that gets him away from the good life.  At some point, Harry will realize Lloyd is essentially trying to ruin his life just because Lloyd misses him.  There would also be a diarrhea scene involved in this somehow. 

- They go on a road trip to Hollywood with the goal of punching Shia LaBeouf in the nuts.  Wackiness ensues. 

- Harry and Lloyd in Reno would be awesome.  Las Vegas is too cliche and classy.  Reno would be a perfect backdrop for their stupidity. 

Look, I literally have no idea what will go down for this sequel, but I want it to happen.  All parties involved need to cleanse themselves of that terrible prequel, whether they were responsible for it or not.  A great sequel is the perfect way to wash the stink off. 

3 comments:

GMoney said...

No no no no no no. NO! This is going to be worse than Wizards Michael Jordan. Have you seen Jim Carrey over the past decade plus? NOT FUNNY.

J said...

I have silently been following your blog for a minute now, but I must say, you are the FREAKIN MAN!! haha Sports, niners football, the damnwells and now you post news of a dumb and dumber sequel!?! You sir, are a man amongst men!! lol keep posting, I'll keep reading!

Prime99 said...

Haha! G$- this could bring Jim Carrey back to the glory days! I'm going to hope for the best... it has to be better than that penguin movie.

J- thanks for commenting! I highly appreciate it when people comment (especially to say they like my work.) It's also great that you like The Damnwells. They are stupidly underrated.